Our first #arlisriss Twitter chat of 2017 on Tuesday, January 24 at 9pm EST will focus on utilizing design thinking in libraries, archives, and museums. Come one, come all for a thought-provoking conversation!
Twitter chat // Use #ARLISriss to participate
Tuesday, January 24 at 9pm EST
Moderated by: Alyssa Vincent @vin_alyssa
Topic: Design thinking in libraries, archives, and museums (LAMs)
Questions for discussion:
1) How do you define design thinking?
2) What are some “wicked problems” in the LAM world that can be served by design thinking?
3) What does a “designerly way of thinking” in LAMs look like?
4) How can you engage in design thinking with a limited budget and time?
5) Have you gone through an “inspiration, ideation, iteration” cycle to solve a problem? What did your process look like?
6) What can design thinking teach us about libraries?
Design Thinking for Libraries
Fosmire, Michael. (2016). “What can design thinking do for libraries?” Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, 83. Retrieved from http://www.istl.org/16-winter/wibr.html