Mark your calendars! Our final #arlisriss Twitter chat of 2016 on Monday, October 10 at 9pm EST will focus on collaborations between librarians and artists. All are welcome for what’s sure to be an inspiring conversation!
Twitter chat // Use #ARLISriss to participate
Monday, October 10, 2016 at 9pm EST
Moderated by: Beth Morris @bethieelon
Topic: Librarian / Artist Collaborations
Questions for discussion:
- Have you had any successful librarian/artist collaborations or know any that stand out?
- What has your experience been in terms of who initiates collaborations? Is it you or the artist(s)? How might we foster more?
- How can we, as librarians, learn from the artists we work with and what might they learn from us? Any cross-disciplinary themes emerging?
- What role does creativity play in these types of collaborations?
- What are the pedagogical links between ‘making’ and ‘knowing’ within the arts?
Areas for thought and exploration:
- Artists’ Archives, http://artiststudioarchives.org/
- Artists’ books
- Artists in the Archives (exhibition project)
- Activities : Outreach, Collection Development, Special Events, Projects, etc…