Please join us for the Reference and Information Services Section meeting!
When: Sunday March 22, 2015 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Room: Texas H (Omni Fort Worth Hotel 1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102)
– Updates on:
* Multimedia & Technology Reviews – Emilee Mathews
* RISS “Journal Club” – Beth Morris
* Top webinar topics – RISS survey results
– New Business
– Session ideas for the 2016 conference – please come with suggestions
– Open discussion: Reference models
Reference models and the changing nature of reference was high on the list of webinar topics. It was also one of the most popular sessions at the 2014 ARLIS/NA conference. Let’s revisit the topic informally. Please come ready to tell us:
What does your reference model look like? For example,
– Do you have a standalone reference desk?
– Do you have tiered reference?
– Do you have librarians, staff, students staffing the desk and other reference service points?
– What types of virtual services do you offer? Mobile APPS?
Why have you or your institution chosen this model? Are you considering a change?
Think about how academic, museum, and public library reference desks differ & what can we learn from each model?
Check out the PowerPoint slides from the 2014 presentation “Retooling Art Reference and Information Services: Collaborative Tools, Strategies, and Models”
If you have comments or questions, feel free to e-mail RISS Moderator Beth Hylen, hylenej [at] cmog.org